Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Week 9, Thing 22

Downloadable audiobooks are not a new and exciting concept for me at this point. I've heard about them and our technological woes and issues with vendor(s) for a couple of years now. I think that they're really a great service to our customers. I had a friend that was shocked to hear that we offered them. Last year, she was training for a marathon and had been getting the CDs and putting them on her computer and then her mp3 player. It seems like despite our efforts, our customers are not hearing about this service as quickly as one would hope. I think, though, that the content that we are offering our customers is growing and getting much better than it was when we embarked on this venture.

I really wish that these titles were iPod compatible as that seems to be the predominant mp3 player in the industry. I also love the idea of being able to eventually offer customers a kiosk set up that would allow them to do the downloading at the library or at a library kiosk set up anywhere.

No comments: