Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Week 9, Thing 21

I found that the easiest tool to use was the Yahoo podcast search, but it will only be in operation through October. Bummer. I set up an NPR feed to my bloglines account. I also listened to a really interesting interview of the author of a book I recently bought. It was The Unheard by Josh Swiller. Hearing the author talk about his life and read from the book really made the title much more interesting than the boring old review I had read before.

I love the idea of podcasts of discussions and interviews with authors. That was the subject of a discussion that I went to at Book Expo a couple of years ago. I think that more and more publishers are including podcasts with authors on their websites, and they were encouraging libraries to use them or market them to their book clubs. We should really think of a way to get that information to our customers, many of whom would really enjoy it.

No comments: